Monday, April 2, 2007

The perfect *starbucks* coffee

My first "serious" job was at a tiny coffee place on a library. I didn't last long, cause I jumped over to working on the library (my book worm qualities took me that far), but I remember every night coming home smelling like coffee. It's like when you go to a disco, and come back with the scent of other people's cigarrettes and the weird effect smoke, but with coffee is more romantic. Also, coffee brings back good memories, like when I was a little girl and stayed over at my grandma's. Around 6 am she made coffee for her and my grandpa, so I used to wake up to that scent.

Now that I'm a grown up, or so they say, my relationship with this brew is quite different. Being one of those who seems to have a day that lasts more that 24 hours, I'm constantly out of sleep. So, as the next person, I turn to coffee for that bit of edge. I must say though, I try to run away from it cause I can so easily get addicted!, but I do take it a good 3 times a week at least.

Being so, I'm lately beggining to feel the appeal of such cute places as Starbucks. My preference is due too, I must say, those beautiful comfy minuature sofas they offer to their customers. In many an ocassion, I've dreamt of spending a quiet raining afternoon there, enjoying my coffee and reading a good book. It's rare though, those who have suffered it might agree, to find one of this sofas available. Being so comfy, people tend to make their use of it last....hours! There's been more than a couple of times that I've tried to get one, only to find my hopes shattered by a quicker coffee drinker, or a nearer tourist couple.

But finding THE addecuate little sofa with a view of the street which inspires me to stop reading for a while and look out, is not the only challenge I've found in my visits to Starbucks. Another, common one as it is, is finding the perfect Starbucks coffee that suits all my demands. I've tried too sweet wants, too strong ones, too weak ones. All have left something unsatisfied in my coffee taste. All, until last saturday, when in a rainy afternoon I found my match....*drums*...

The wonderful new suggestion:
Cinnamon Dolce Latte

At first, I wasn't sure it would fill all my expectations. But it did, and to surely become my favorite. It's a wonderful mix of expresso, cinnamon and milk with cream on top (enough though, not when they put so much you can't enjoy it cause is hard to drink). I was pleased, so pleased when I tasted it, in it's tall presentation, that I was sure I would return soon to repeat the experience. Not only that! but the fact that I found a chair, perfectly located in a peacefull corner, in that rainy afternoon, with a view to Grand Via that was spacious enough, yet not invading...all this made my afternoon of self indulgence worth the while...and the wait!!!

I invite you all, understanding not every body likes coffee, to give my Cinnamon Dolce Latte a try and to comment on your every day pleasure related to a peaceful time to enjoying one self over a good drink. Bring it on!

4 comments:

Nano said...

Love you.

I want to try out your favorite Starbucks coffee, but I dont think I will find a Starbucks in my town
(Which is not a tragic thing,
I really dont have the need to choose between 100 coffee flavors,
there are more important things in the world than that).

Then again I dont like coffee much anyway,
its just hot water with bean pulver ;P kinda like bean soup with coffeine.

Shere said...

XD I'm gonna make you try it when you come over, it's yummy!

Nano said...

Will it be like the "Ash Tea" in the Hardrock Café ? x_x

Shere said...

Ewwww, people take notice of this, the Ice Lemon Tea at Hardrock cafe is not a suggestion of mine!