Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Give me no alarms, no surprises

Tomorrow one of my friends at work, La Noe, goes to Radiohead's concert on Barna. Radiohead for me means one thing (hey, fans, do not judge until you have finished reading) it means: No alarms and no surprises. This song defines for me a longing, one I've mentioned before, hidden in the last 2 posts. The perfect notes at the begining, the perfect lyrics, the perfect video too.

Today at work, with my new table partners we were discussing the many arguments of an alternative life style that appeared on an interview in the news paper. It's always interesting to find out about a person through what they are againts and what they push foward. The main point of our discution was: Alternative if lead to the extreme, eventually turns into a dogma of breaking the system, therefore freedom becomes a cage, this time not made of concrete or gold, but of leaves, raw food, and...appearently urine.

The last couple of months have been full of alarms and surprises. When you are trained to deal with this on a daily bases, you tend to grow this layer of cynisism, hardness or numbness...this layer basicly is like the fog of contamination in the city. All stays gray, lifeless or just simple there, meaningless. I'm glad to be in a process of teaching myself the way out of this fog.

Being a curious person, I tend always to indulge my thrist for knowledge in what's different from me, alternative life styles included. What caught my attention of this one, was that they seemed to live with No alarms and No surprises. As a present to you all from this post, I share an image I got from a book, specially to understand life as a whole, with or without alarms and surprises. The last friend I shared it with, Annita I miss you, used it well and it worked for her, so I hope it works for you too. Here it is, play the song and picture:

A flowing river...


Here, No surprises from Radiohead.

1 comment:

Nickplomo said...

hi my name is ricardo
a mi tambien me gusta mucho radiohead.