Friday, July 27, 2007

Blast from the Facebook...and the actual method to get to someone in 6 steps.

Earlier this week I found myself finally singing up on Facebook. Reluctant I was at first, finding it somehow scarry, but well...I do work in internet, I owe to know what's going on.

One highschool friend mentioned they were creating a class group, so I decided to check it out and find out what happened to long lost friends. Here started my shock.The second after I was finally logged on, a request from a friend appears...and I'm like WHAAA? XD!! I know how it works, I'm being trained in networks at my job, I just didnt expect it...or more like never went through it to this extend.

So I overcome my shock, accept my friend and start using it. Lot happening in Facebook people, I needed like 3 days to get my facts straight with all the funcionalities. It's like a whole new Sims like world...powerful and scarry. I finally join my highschool group, add old friends in, old not so friends in, old siblings and cousins in, and for the fun of it, start checking out my friendstobeconfirmed group of friends. 4 clicks away I was at an old crush profile. Never would I have guess it could be this easy XD or this SCARRY. I mean, its far too powerful, people dont even notice it. It's like from a sci-fi japanese anime about major corporations.

This is when I started to truly believe in that theory that says you can meet any one in the world with conecting like only 6 people. And for pure investigating project, or for clear voyeurism, I invite those of you who haven't to check it out. I guarantee it's going to be quite a ride.

And in case you decide not to, come on, speak up, and tell me your weirdest internet experience.

2 comments:

deepbane said...

little shere discovering the power of the net :D

to be continued...

Shere said...

XD somehow it still amazes me