Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ran againts Facebook


The other day I was checking Facebook out to clean most of the things people send me and I never add. Also, has to be said, I was ignoring the petitions of former relations who added me as a friend. Being one who has most of her friends and relations on the other side of the ocean, which makes it really hard for you to keep up with them, I tend to economize my efforts by staying in contact with those who I truly appreciate (If you are one of them, forgive my lack of contact...Even though I work in a web, I rarely have time....or most likely I rarely am organized enough as to answer or write :( )

That is why I find Facebook appealing. It allows me to check out in a quick glance what's going on with my friends, family and people I used to know back then. But that's it. I don't see a reason, more than mere gossip, to add more people to my contacts, declare them as friends for all the more...and have them check out my doings. Sure my profile is public, I guess that's part of the fun. But from that, to adding to your list hundreds and thousands of people you never even wondered about anymore....well...guess I'm in the end practical.

I mean no harm, seriously. And I appreciate people taking the time to add one up to their never ending list of friends. But...I guess I'm not into it. Too much people to talk to, too little time (I'm even looking for a weekend job to add to my never ending list of activities) and a giant lack of discipline when it comes to keeping in touch.

Well well...this wasn't much of what I wanted to write about. I wanted to explain that funny image you look above this post. That's my personality DNA...appearently. Actually, reading the full description, it is sort of acurate. That's another thing I like about Facebook, they keep giving me things to define my self with: if I'm green, if I like shoes, what movies I liked, what books I'm reading. Knowing the applications universe to be neverending, I yet have to say one reflexion I went to back in the Spice Girls era. Can you truly be defined by an amount of stereotypes?

With that, I shall leave you to ponder...

1 comment:

Star*Spangled*Eyes said...

I hear ya about the contacts. Just flipping through some blogs and yours had some of the same tags as mine, with entertainment. Facebook drives me nuts. I never add people I don't actually WANT to catch up with and talk to. It's not a popularity contest you know? Same with MySpace. Do those people with 400 friends really think any of us believe they actually talk to all those people? Whatever. If you like to watch TV, check out my blog at http://athenaspsyche.blogspot.com/ Have a great day :)